Sunday, August 24, 2008

a lot like babysitting

I had to pick up Lon after school when he got off work from the feed store. He looked pretty give out and of course, he asked if I'd started smoking cause he noticed the smoke in the Ram Charger.

Bringing up Sarah was not a good idea.

"Sarah Monroe?" He asked immediately.

"Yeah."

"Shit."

What was that supposed to mean?

"She'll use you, she will." He was beating his feed cap on his jeans making it one dusty mess in my truck. "Stay away from her." He shot me this look that he was very well serious about the matter, and I better listen up.

I just smiled, and drove home.

"No, I mean it," I hadn't seen Lon this serious in a very long time. "She's bad news."

"All right. I just drove her home," I said. "How do you know her?"

"More than I should." Lon was a little wild eyed about his ordeal with Sarah.

It finally hit me that she was the one who got him in jail over the summer. Man, I feel like an imbecile. Nobody had shed any light on that end of the story until now.

"It was Sarah? Huh?" I just shook my head. "Will do, Lon. Will do."

Of course, when I got home I found out that I had to take the little ones to the scrimmage game. After all, I am the bonafide babysitter around here.

4 comments:

autumn said...

that's interesting. about sarah. wanna know more about her. hehe.

UmassSlytherin said...

ghaaa! I agree with autumn: I want to see more of Sarah!

i love this story, it's really awesome! :)

em the skerry person grr said...

i love this story sorry i hadnt checked it out in awhile but i wanted to get a little behind so i could read more:)

taffy. said...

this sarah is scary!