Saturday, August 16, 2008

there are days like this

I'm not a real skater or anything. But I really like the feel of the board on rough pavement. The smoothness on concrete. The ridges on a wooden floor.

Yeah, sometimes I go places I shouldn't, but then again, nobody is there. Just like at home.
I can't sleep in that new bed. It might be bigger than what I'm used too, but I still find myself climbing out of my window at night and finding my way back home. That's were I want to be. Not here. Not with these people. Cause, I know I'm not their people. Its not like they want to do anything with me.

I haven't asked for a thing. I've cleaned up after myself. I do my own laundry. I suspect they'll want me to pay rent. After all, my dad got off quite easy on child support. My mom could have sucked him for all he's worth. But she didn't. She says she wished she had now. I just tell her to stop it. Just stop. That ship has sailed.

Yeah, I haven't been getting along with her, either lately. She wants me to come visit. I just said, "Are you out of your mind?" School starts this week. My late nights out on the prairie are going to end pretty soon. I really have nothing to show for it. You'd think by now I'd just do something wild. I bet Lon's out doing something wild.

6 comments:

Liz said...

Awwww, you can't help but feel a little bad for Lonnie. :[


I start school soon, too. :'[

Sharon Rose said...

A great start to this story-fabulous reading!!

em the skerry person grr said...

i feel bas for lonnie

keep up the great writing

autumn said...

you know i'm really interested with his life. keep it going please. weee. lol.

victoria said...

thanks for the comment :) hope all goes well with the story! keep writing!

taffy. said...

poor lonnie...
i wish things would go his way, at least once!