Friday, September 5, 2008

catching up

It felt like a slow motion day. Just going through the motions. Of course, Sarah wouldn't look at me. I tried my best not to look at her. She's much better at this stuff than I am.

I just felt numb, you know.

Definitely out of it. Homework to make up. It felt like sadness wrapping me up like plastic wrap. Letting me look out, yet taking my breath away. It just didn't seem fair. It would never be right with Sarah, would it?

Some of the guys were all set on where we'd all go before Homecoming dance. Who was taking too. All these plans.

"Who are you taking?"

"I don't know." I didn't even feel like going.

"Well, you gotta be there with someone." Someone said.

"I know." I knew the drill. I guess. Let other people decide for me. This was a group effort, wasn't it?

"Well, lets find Lonnie a date." It was the next thing I heard, but was I really up to play the part?

4 comments:

autumn said...

a date for Lonnie? wonder who could that be. o_O

Cate said...

i'm no good at the not-looking-at-someone stuff either.
and like autumn, i'm curious who lonnie's date will be too!

UmassSlytherin said...

Me! Me! Me! (jumps up and down) I'll go to Homecoming with you Lonnie!!!!!! :)

I love this chapter! :)

em said...

thanx for checking it out:)