Sunday, September 7, 2008

music and so on

Jay wants me to learn Fernando on the guitar. Like that's going to happen.

My grandmother is a big Abba fan. I'd promised I'd take her to see Mamma Mia when it came out, but then she got sick and then ended up in the nursing home.

"This is like defying gravity," I told him over at the house which he's sort of moved into now.

"Just keep trying?" Most of the notes were on his finger tips. It seems he's been doing a lot of guitar playing, lately.

"The next best thing you could do is sing it, if you want."

"I'd rather not." Is he out of his mind?

"Just one more thing, you can not go out with Francisca De Sota."

"Well, she's only like thirteen, isn't she?" Which is way too young for me.

"Some day when you're older, you might change your mind." He told me.

"Whats wrong with Francisca?" I couldn't even remember the last time I saw her, actually. She didn't go to my school, but we knew of her folks, well, my grandmother did.

"She's your cousin." Is this why he came back? Thats all I needed to know. No more questions about Francisca. A little revelation I did not know.

His wife had kids, but they weren't his. He'd married her when they were still babies.

"Oh."

"Yeah, I'm gonna do what I can to get her to go see Nanna." Jay just shrugged. "I know Nanna would like that."

"So things are gonna be different this time?" I wondered if he'd really changed.

"Possibly." Yet he didn't sound to thrilled to talk about it. "If you can't take it you know where, you can always come back here."

It sounded like a good option to me. I don't know why I just didn't say something like, "Hell, yeah, now you're talking." But I didn't. As always, there was still a lot waiting to see to find out what to do next.

A lot like that date I hadn't decided about for Homecoming.

4 comments:

autumn said...

i really wanna know who could be his date. i want someone deserving. because i like lonnie. hahaha.

UmassSlytherin said...

I want to be his date! :)

Cate said...

"I'd rather not." Is he out of his mind? - i LOLd. ^^
and i totally agree with autumn.! and i gave you and your blogs, Lonnie Love and ellie, and award!

Cate said...

thank YOU for being here. your comment was so lovely.