Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Oscars

As if I didn't have anything better to do. I am so tired.

This ranch stuff it really getting to me. How do these folks do it. Hopefully, I get this down so I can do it in my sleep. Just glad I have Steph there too.

We watched the Oscar. Woooo...what a long show.

We were both happy that Slumdog Millionaire won so many awards. And it was about time Sean Penn got an Oscar. He truly was Harvey Milk in Milk. And Kate Winslatt got her Oscar too. Which Steph liked, but I didn't see it. Wanted to see the Wrestler, but it never got out around here. I like wrestling, what can I say.

Anyway, its been a weekend of trying to get sheep to stay in the pasture and not the road. Thankful, its not spring yet because that might mean rattle snakes, but pretty soon it might be sheep sharing time. Like I want to know the joy of that. Lon said he'd teach me. Yeah, about as much fun as casterating a calf. Believe me, if you never have to witness nor hold down one, you'll be ever so grateful. They can knock you in to next week. The only thing worst would have to be going to a calf fry. Which is something, you don't want to know about.

4 comments:

Jaky M. said...

Oh, great. I missed them.

taffy. said...

yay calves!
i think..

Cate said...

Here they aired the Oscars at 1 am, and the next day was school, so no chance for me to watch them.
Or I'd be sleep deprived like Lonnie... Poor guy, I hope he does get his well-deserved sleep sometime soon.
And I was so happy that Sean Penn won the Oscar!! I want to watch MILK so bad!!! And I want to see The Reader too, with Kate Winslet.
Eeek, rattle snakes!!! :)

the oaks said...

He's got his work cut out for him. Nothing, like making a night out of it ..for the Oscars.