Thursday, December 24, 2009

home is where the heart is

Thank God, we're home.

I'm not sure I could live in Texas. I've decided with my allergy issues as of recent. I know, thats a little strange or bitter or something. I suppose.

Or, the fact we just moved into this place and well..I want to have a home. Our home. Not somebody else's. Yeah, that's it.

And its Christmas.

Actually, we got in when it was still wet, not icy. Thankfully. Its icy now. And Lon is at work in layers of clothes, putting stuff on side walks to keep the ice melted and checking out boiler rooms and what not on campus.

Charlie has been sleeping so much that it scares me. I'm not sure if its from the trip or he's glad to be home. I'm a bit puzzled about how much time I have to myself. But I haven't wasted any, getting presents wrapped. Still haven't put them under the tree because I'm not sure what he might do to them.

Lon's Mom was nice. She seems really rich. I don't know how to explain it. Maybe its because the house looks so perfect. Lon doesn't even have a room there. She seems the type you just can't get to know, and she's definitely not wanting to be called grandma. I don't ever see her wanting to be called that.

Maybe Lon is right about her. You know, us being here and everything.

Anyway, I have my own mother to worry about. She's a bit upset with me. I should have done all these things in Texas that I didn't have time to do. Like see my great aunt. I can't seem to tell her I'm sorry enough about that. And I'm not sure what's up with Ben. I'm not sure if he's with his girlfriend or not and...

I'm just going to have to stop worrying about this. Thats all there is to it. I have so much on my mind. Trying to see if we can really do this marriage thing. Have Christmas and hope the snow storm isn't too bad.
-Ellie

2 comments:

the oaks said...

the nitty gritty of it all..how thing are. wow.

a degrassi fan fic said...

its good that she's learning these things.