Sunday, December 13, 2009

my new best friend

Olivia is the best. I've never had a friend quite like her. Really, I finally figured that out when she came over and brought over this stuff to me at our new place.

I used to think of her as that girl Eric dated forever. Seriously, I thought he would have married her and she would have turned him into a missionary or something and they'd be in Africa or somewhere, you know. And I always, thought she was just a little too good for me. Plus, she has this interesting way of saying things. I used to think it was goofy, but really, she is quite passionate. When she talks to Roger, it can get so animated. And I'd never know for sure if she was teasing him, or mad at him or just being herself. Well, she was just being Olivia.

She's amazing. She brings me ginger cookies with cranberries and walnuts. They just have to be good for you. They just have to be.

Really, I'm not that good at entertaining, but she made it so easy. She really did. Did I tell you she made me napkins. Yes. I'm so glad she's still close by. I want us to do more things together. And she doesn't seem to mind Charlie...who loves her too. She's so great with kids. And she's great with Roger.

I really don't want to go to Texas now. I know have to. I said I would and I wouldn't want Lon to go with Charlie alone. But its so nice here. Really, like the house. Charlie is getting used to everything. Now we have to go down there. Flying, mind you. I can't remember the last time I took an airplane trip. Yeah, me, not the world traveler. It was a shock I went to Texas last summer. And look what happened?
-Ellie

1 comment:

Ivyoaks said...

That's so good what she said about Olivia..when she used to date Eric.