Tuesday, April 6, 2010

rattle snake farm

I feel so drained. I don't think I'm sick though. I can't be. I don't need to be sick. But allergies are all around. Yeah, that's probably what it is.

Of course, I'm not sure how to admit this, but things have changed with my Mom. I'm not very happy with her right now. How she was at my great Aunt Maggie's funeral. It was not a good time for anyone. Especially, Lon. I dunno why she wants to treat him that way.

Dad says she would not be happy with anyone I'm with. He says no one in her mind is good enough for me.

Well, I don't care. I think she's a nut. She's either always been this way or just crazy.

I hope I'm never like that. I hope not. If I am, I hope Lon will knock some sense into me. Of course, he says he'd never ever hit me. Which might be a good thing. I know he wouldn't.

Anyway, I don't know what she wants from me, anymore. I am obviously a failure.

If that's not enough, my sister shows up at the funeral with her old high school boyfriend. Rex. I was in total shock. Her husband is overseas somewhere in the Army. How could she do this to him?

Of course, she's not talking. Still treating me as if I'm to beneath her to start a conversation. We were never very close. At least she had Rex taking care of her twins. That was fun to watch because he had no idea what he was doing. Then I have Lon helping him out, but Lon thought he was her husband. He's never met Geo. Yeah, see how close we all are? Hardly a family.

Well, anyway, Lon knows my Mom's true colors now. Not very pretty. She went on and on how he and his family wanted my great aunt's farm. Which they don't. They really don't. And I don't want to move off to a rattle snake den. Really, it might be a prosperous rattle snake farm.

Lon was telling me how he went on the rattle snake round up (years ago) and got well over a 100 rattlesnakes on her farm. I believe it too. I'm glad we don't have rattle snakes here. Anyway, I'm glad we're home. Now if we could get Charlie back on schedule, all would be well.
-Ellie

2 comments:

the oaks said...

I think Ellie is over doing it.

ivy's closet said...

I would be so tired. I'm just tired thinking about it.