Tuesday, September 7, 2010

just think'n

I think of all these things we should have done this summer, but we didn't.

1. going camping. but Charlie is too little and I can't see Ellie to happy with me if she had to get up a dozen times a night just to go pee. yeah, no happy campers there. actually, we tried a little camp-out in the back yard, and I guess the wind or the tent or the night..just made Charlie scream and cry. It was not a good time. So, I don't think we'll be trying that out, anytime soon.

2. taking a trip to Texas. I know we should  have, but between Charlie and Ellie it would have been a lot to endure. I know, get up at 2 in the morning, drive all night. I think those days are over for me. I just don't take off in the pickup, like I used too. I remember when I could drive across the state of Texas without any problems. Now, I just want to stay home.

Guess what we got? Chickens. Just three hens. And they are in this little cage by the side of the house. We got them for eggs. Yeah, a lot of people are into urban farming these days. Funny, small houses are whats selling these days too. Guess I'm glad I bought this starter upper when I did.

Anyway, I'm glad Kyle's around. Still doing some gardening at Olivia's great Aunts. We have corn. Seriously, I thought the deer would have eaten it all by now. They have been our biggest problem. But we've gotten some really nice tomatoes this year. A few cucumbers. Even squash. We should have planted more. But I have to wonder if we'll plant one next year since I'm not so sure Olivia's Aunt would want that. And Kyle and Amber can't stay there this winter.

It'll be cold before you know it. Already in the 70's this week. Which is nice. Hopefully, it'll be a long fall. It was one messy winter this past year. Cold too.

Yawn. Well, I better turn in.  I think Ellie is already asleep.

-Lon

urban farming

the city chicken

10 comments:

ivyoaks said...

Poor Charlie, but it happens.

thesydneygirl said...

thanks for your comment :) have a great week ahead! x

so jade said...

Chickens. Wow.

ori said...

Sounds interesting about raising chickens.

OneCraftyFox said...

And I thought camping in the yard sounded like fun, lol ;) There are too many things I never got around to doing this summer either, and now it feels like it is all too late.

kirstyb said...

ooooh interesting x

AMK said...

Oh intresting.

La Jodi3 & La Couture said...

lol i hope it's a long fall too!!!

Alison said...

Chickens! That would be lots of fun! Thanks for commenting on my blog, come back any time

<3 Alison
alisonscampusfashion.blogspot.com

Keith said...

I always thought it would be cool to raise some chickens, maybe some goats too.