Sunday, October 24, 2010

another day goes by

Its been so much more warmer this year than I expected. Such warm autumn days. Leaves falling. The whole street is out and about. There was a party of 11 year olds last night, playing in the street. Princess and Princes. I guess. Someone might have been a pirate. Isn't even Halloween yet.

Not that we'll do that much special. I guess we'll take Charlie trick or treating. But I hate to leave Ellie alone. And I don't think she'll be in the mood to go house to house. We won't go far. Charlie and me. I have no idea what he'll want to be. They have some kind of party coming up on Friday at the daycare, and the library. I don't think he understand. But he might. I can't underestimate him. He surprises me, all the time.

He's grown so much. A lot of it, from being at the day care. I think. He's much better socially, than he was. Of course, when I first got him, I got this feeling he'd go off with anyone who'd want him. And it still makes me sad to think he'd been tossed around like that when he was with his mother. Did she care who he was with?

Its frightening. I try not to think about it now. It really did bother me in the beginning. Here I was so worried I wouldn't be good enough for him. But he's just amazing. And I'm glad he's with us. I learn something new from him everyday. He's growing up so fast.

So much I want to tell Lonnie about him, but I don't. I hold back. Guess I'm afraid Lonnie will decide he wants him. But he never mentions it. Never. He's to busy with the new baby and his wife Steph. I'm hoping I'm never too busy for Charlie.

Lon

7 comments:

cass and cady said...

This was sweet.

Keith said...

That was nice to read.

I hope this finds you doing well.

I know what you mean about African-Americans. We do need more of them as main love interests on shows. I think that spy show featuring the African-American couple has already been taken off. I hate that.

MyStyle said...

Hi there-so glad to see the blogs are doing so well, keep up the good work my dear! xx

OneCraftyFox said...

Another good read :)

I would like to invite you to join my **Interactive Halloween Party**, come, come, I promise I won't bite, I'm not a vampire... or am I ...? eery music....

Syed said...

Kids grow up far quicker than people would think, you blink and you miss it.

Panda! said...

so sweet.. :)

Ellinor Forje said...

Cute you little story teller you. Keep it up and come visit me too when you have time.

Cheers.