Saturday, November 20, 2010

on the brink of destruction

All right. I wanted to destroy the kitchen.

It seems the heating element has gone out on our old oven. Yes, its much older than I want to admit. We need a new oven. But its a wall oven.

I had no idea it was bolted in with just two screws. Two screws!

Naturally, Ellie thought I was going to kill myself. You just can't pull out a heating element and go to the hardware store with it. No sir. That would just be too easy.

So anyway, she called Doyle and Ravi to help me get it back in there. After I noticed I'd have to spend more time on this operation. We aren't having Thanksgiving at our house. I hope. I mean, we have a baby to wait for.

Ellie kept stressing this when I wanted to take a sledge hammer to the kitchen. You know, give her that kitchen she always wanted. I was so close. It would have felt good to destroy it. But I didn't.

So yeah, I have a few things bothering me. Old stuff. New beginnings.

I really do want to make this up to a daughter I didn't know I had. And I feel guilty if I talk about it with Ellie. And..and there is Charlie. How long is that going to last? Lonnie will wake up one day and be wondering why did he give him up. I just know it. God, got to stop worrying. It doesn't do a lick of good.

But if I could just find a stupid heating element for this oven. This one little thing.

Its so annoying. It really is.

-Lon

6 comments:

autumn said...

Hehe. Small things can really be so annoying some times. :))

Modafobik said...

Love your blog, i'll follow you! :)

http://vintagevixon.blogspot.com/

Cait said...

Always something to go wrong near the holidays.

Alienor said...

i love how you write !

Nubiasnonsense said...

Goodluck with the oven

Victoria said...

Totally understand , those things can be totally be annoying !