Wednesday, January 12, 2011

its a cold one

I feel really bad for Lon the last few days. We've had a really big snow storm come through. Granted, I don't think it was as bad as last year, but while other people get to stay home and dig out...he has to be at the campus taking care of things. You know, snow plowing, that kind of thing. He has to be out in all this cold weather thats now below zero.

Charlie doesn't understand its too cold to be out in this. He begs to go outside. You'd think he was a puppy instead of a toddler. Hannah isn't much better, but I think she's learning. She's a bit more subdued, lately. I dunno..if she's homesick or not.

I think she's stubborn. I really do. I think she wants to be with her Mom but she thinks she's right and I think she wants her Mom to call her more, and she hasn't. But Hannah won't call her. I feel like I'm caught in the middle and I don't want to bring this up with Lon because he's really tired. He went to bed at 8 last night.

I know I could have this different life. I could know my major by now. Maybe. Probably not.

I'm possibly married to the only man on the block who wear's cover-alls and smells like he's been fixing motors. But he's the only one I want. And I think Hannah finds him pretty important too so, we have one thing in common if nothing else. We might both need to go to Texas next month ... just to warm up.

-Ellie

2 comments:

Holly said...

I do feel for him having to work out in this weather.

Cait said...

He's a great guy.