Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter bunny blues

Hannah's doing fine. I dunno why Ellie's so worried about Caleb. I mean, sure he's all boy and he likes to tease Hannah a little. Yet at the same time, I really think he'd look after her, too. I see that in him.

So far Easter has been a bright sunny day. Went to a sunrise church service. Yeah, what were we thinking?

Ellie does not like to leave the kids at the nursery. That might have helped if we had. But you know, its kind of odd, how you have to get this little pass saying you are so-in-so's Dad or Mom. And it was a huge amount of people. But Zoe slept right through it. Wish I could say the same about Charlie, who hid under the pew for awhile. He just can't sit still. I can only keep him under my thumb for some time. Yeah, we ended up going outside so he could walk up and down the steps out front, like a game. If only I could have smoked a cigarette. Mind you, I haven't had one in over 2 years now. But it still bugs me..times like that. You know, it might help me to chill.

I guess Ellie would never see me that way. Although, she tells me I'm too calm sometimes, with the kids.

So we are having a cookout. Just burgers. We thought about planting something today. Its all sunny out. Still a chill, though. Of course, all Ellie can think of..is how we'll clean up, afterwards. I'm really trying to get Charlie interested in gardening. I think he might eat more vegetables then. I hope.

We do have some beautiful raspberry plants out back. I think I'll did one up (they are spreading everywhere in the back yard) and put it in a pot. Charlie can help. Better make that two. One for Hannah and one for Charlie.

Anything to stop another egg hunt. I bet they've looked for eggs the fifth time this morning. Even the squirrels have came out and tried to get into a few eggs. If that doesn't work, about the plants, we might see some friend of Ellie's later that lives in the country. But I  have a feeling Ellie will be taking a nap when Zoe does. I might need one too.
-Lon

5 comments:

Mary ♥ Mur said...

♥Nice post.) Love your blog.))♥

ivy said...

I love the different sides of this..how Ellie is so worried about Caleb being a bad influence, while Lon feels Hannah needs a boy like him, around.

Cait said...

He's such a Dad.

Winnie said...

I agree with the gardening thing...or at least when kids are encouraged to help cook, they're more likely to eat the veggies!

Giovanna&Roberta said...

Love your blog dear!
PS: Check out our GIVEAWAY!
http://cromanticamente.blogspot.com/2011/04/giveaway-lets-dress-up-your-hair.html