Wednesday, April 6, 2011

a sign of spring

Oh..its definitely spring now. Some chilly nights, but the daylight (and there is a lot more of it) bring birds of a feather to flock together..so to speak.

Yes, this scares me so much. Letting Hannah go off to play with the kids in the neighborhood. I can't watch her like a hawk. I've got Charlie and Zoe to deal with. And I do try to get them to the park in the afternoon..if the weather lets me. Believe me, Charlie walks a lot. Runs a lot. He never met a stranger he didn't like. And he likes to crawl up things on the playground. Still, I hate this whole idea of him running after Hannah and then for him to get lost or something. He's been pretty good lately, though. I hope it stays that way.

Of course, Wolf boy aka Caleb has made his presence known now. He's pretty fond of Hannah. Its interesting to see how she deals with it. Really, she doesn't pay him that much mind, and she likes the girl next door, Shelly who is ten, and she hangs out with Shelly's friends who play basketball. So far, I think its all OK. She's next door. But I know it won't last long, she'll want to go where ever Shelly goes. Shelly has a brother who is a little older than Hannah. Anyway, basketball right now. With school, she has to come in, do some homework, read, just a little TV and bedtime.

God, its so hard keeping everyone on schedule.

Its just, she's not my kid, but still, I want her to have fun. I want her to be OK. I would hate for something bad to happen.

But there, was a shooting at the park. Thankfully, not the one we go too. But still, its really scary. Suddenly, its as if the violence has really gotten bad. I dunno how it is in other cities, but I'm just in shock of it. Even today, the police went to arrest someone, and the suspect shot the officer and his dog bit the other officer. Just crazy things happening. Its hard to feel safe anywhere these days.

-Ellie

6 comments:

meg said...

Spring seems to make all these wacky things happen.

Holly said...

Its scary when kids get together like that, and you don't know them very well.

Bex said...

Definitely, a scary time.

Winnie said...

That's so scary! It's definitely hard for parents to let their kids out and play when freaky things like that can happen...so hard to predict!

Etrapar said...

I thought it´s a story...I´m not sure even now...
Etrapar

Mary ♥ Mur said...

♥I love your blog so much.)) ♥