Sunday, July 3, 2011

almost the 4th

God, I am so tired. Its kind of hard to enjoy these holidays.

When I was young..it was all..what's the big deal? Now its like I have to make an effort to show the kids a good time.

Thank God, we've got friends who we can share this with. So we are going to a cook out. Except not at our place. Ellie says she's done enough in the kitchen this week, making jam. And I've been hinting how we should give this and that jam too. Then she goes and says..she'll have to make more. So I keep reminding her..but there are no more berries..not enough.

So yeah, I'm good and bad.

While Charlie is just bad Charlie these days. Can't go a day with Hannah not fussing about something with him. I keep thinking she'll wake me up in the middle of the night and tell me she's had enough. That she wants to go home. But she hasn't yet. She seems to have invested most of her summer with Shelby down the street and the boy across the way. I have a feeling they have their own 90210 going on that we will never quite get the jest of.

Ellie wants me to talk to Charlie. I think we've talked tell I'm blue in the face about his behavior. Of course, Ellie goes a step further..about how do you expect to get a job one day if you talk like that. Granted, I don't get as many fowl words from his vocabulary as much as Ellie and Hannah do. According to Hannah..BRAIN CRAMPS is a bad word. And SHUT UP is on the list too. Yes, I can see why he says GOD DAMNIT a lot. I do too. There are worse things to say. Not like I'm saying it at every turn. But you know, I'm working on my truck, a wrench gets in the way the wrong way..and it happens.

We are still not sure how he came up with UCK U. But who knows, he could have heard Hannah's friend say it. Maybe even Shelby or somebody in her family.

I know Charlie has his issues. They play out. Then he's fine. He's ALL BOY. According to my Mom, my worst tantrums were always in Wal-Mart. Hard to believe she ever shopped there because she's definitely the upscale type, but I guess she went there with me..because no one would know her. Usually, I had tangents over Ninja Turtles. I would threaten to run away, or call her the worst mother in the world. And I liked to kick her in my little cowboy boots that she hated my father so much..who would send the boots to us..because..he didn't want me to forget I was in Texas and not a Dallas city boy.

We've been through these fits before with Charlie. Early on, he was going to butt his head on the wall when he didn't get his way. Soon enough, he was getting a pillow to soften the blow. But we can't spend all our time on him when the baby is just getting around. She doesn't need to be influenced by this. And I know Charlie loves the baby. He's a wonderful big brother to Zoe. Most of the time.

-Lon

9 comments:

molly said...

So interesting about those tantrums.

ivy said...

uck u..priceless.

Cait said...

Its hard being a parent!

FWB said...

Wishing you the best!

Anonymous said...

OMG..some funny stuff..and hard to do things too.

Winnie said...

Gosh, it's crazy when children throw tantrums in supermarkets. I know that my sister kicked up a fuss once and ended up going home with one of those display units. My mum is a little annoyed that she gave in though- kids are such brats!

Syed said...

She thinks brain cramps is a bad word? Who decided that?!

AndjelaUndTom said...

Love your blog!

Follow me if you like my blog & I'll follow you back. :)

WORLD OF PERFECTION

Florence said...

interesting read ellie!

thanks for your comment, sorry for the late reply!!

pop me a visit if you have time :3
www.fantailflo.com